Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2015

After a year and I write a new post. So sorry for that.

Been a crazy busy year for me starting with:

1. Resigning from Forever 21.
  • As you know, it has been ages since I wanted to leave F21. I finally made it happen last March.
2. Joining Zomato in April.
  • If you're not familiar with Zomato, it's an online directory for restaurants. Available in web and app.
Now, this post is going to be more of my experience in Zomato which I truly cherish (drama).

I started to join Zomato in April 13 of this year (not so lucky number for me). It's an Indian-based company...never knew I would join such company since I heard lots of things about Indians..but heeeeey, our boss is (was) different. 

Took me 2 interviews to get the job...coming from a Fashion (Trainer) background to becoming a Business Dev, (more on Sales) person, it's 2 different things. Felt like I started all over again. Nevertheless, I was up for it.

First month was pure training. Doing mock pitches and calls trying to sell banner advertisements in the website/app. I thought it was an easy job...it's very challenging especially the fact that you have targets to reach (sales..lol). 

The following months, I had my own zone to cover (Muntinlupa and Tagaytay). Tried selling ads to different restaurant owners as well as meeting and making new friends. What I really like about the job is that you have your own time/pace just as long as you make the numbers.

It was fun while it lasted. Yes, I'm not with Zomato anymore..I guess the job is just too good to be true. 

Good thing I made friends along the way (for keeps).

Right now, I'm currently looking for a new job. Trying to update myy LinkedIn and Resume. Hopefully I get the job I really want...soon. :))

'Til the next update. Toodles.

-E

No comments: